Tuesday, September 9, 2008

LaDuca...what an idiot.

A colleague of mine recently brought the name Adam LaDuca to my attention.

In case you are unaware, Adam LaDuca is the former executive director of the Pennsylvania Federation of College Republicans. I extenuate the word former, because it is a well deserved title.

Recently a committeeman out of Berks County, PA, ousted LaDuca for writing racial comments, directed at Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, on his Facebook in late July. (I will refrain from retyping his actual comments, but you can find them at the link below)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080908/ap_on_el_pr/college_republicans_obama

Now, obviously (if you have read the article) LaDuca's comments are extremely offensive, and clearly race related. What really gets me though, is when asked about the comments LaDuca responded, "It was just a dumb move on my part to make a statement like that public."

Without a second glance this may seem like a reasonable response, but notice that he says "make a statement like that public." No offense LaDuca (well...I take that back), but it is dumb to make a statement like that period. Unless I am mistaken, this is the 21st century, and we live in the US, one of the most diverse countries on the planet. Racism is an ideal of the past. Yes, it is true we still see racism today...but I would expect more out of a college student holding the position of executive director of the Pennsylvania Federation of College Republicans.

SHAME ON YOU ADAM LADUCA!!!!

No comments: